Mia Sutherland

Hi! Welcome to my blog. My goal is to provide readers with extremely interesting and unique insights, tools, hints and stories in the hopes of inspiring, motivating and guiding fitness enthusiasts alike.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Blog Challenge #8

Hmmm - I didn't see many comments for #7.  Does that mean you didn't like it, didn't do it or couldn't post?

Well, since I am lying on the couch recovering from knee surgery I think this weeks blog should reflect my misery! 

This week I want everyone to lie on the couch and watch copious quantities of television while indulging in over the counter narcotics while bossing your man slave around.  Sound like fun?  Trust me, it gets old in a hurry.  On another note - did everyone know that the worlds top model right now is actually a man!  Seriously, she/he was on Oprah!

Okay for your real challenge this week you are to do the plank twice per day for as long as you can hold it up to a maximum of one minute.  See if you can improve your time as the week progresses.  If you don't know what a plank is, lie on your stomach, using just the strength of your core raise your body off the floor until only your forearms and toes (or knees if it is too challenging) are on the floor.  You should resemble a plank!  If you don't get it, just google the exercise and you will know what I mean.  This is a great core exercise.  Also, decrease your coffee intake by half (just for this week).

Good luck.

4 comments:

  1. I like this challenge as it is good to see the progression of time length increase when doing the plank without realizing it. I had this exercise with a trainer for one summer and was surprised how quickly I went from 25 seconds up to 60 seconds without really realizing the time difference. It helped that my trainer was the one that was timing me so I didn't pay attention to the clock. If you always watch the clock like me a tip is to get someone else to time you in a place where you can't see a clock or watch.
    The past week I felt like I was drinking too much coffee so on Saturday I started replacing one of my two cups of coffee with tea and I feel much better a night now. I am going to try to cut down even more this week and see where it gets me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel good with this one,did it this morning without knowing what the challenge was. If I pay for one cup of coffee per week day I will drink it as this is the ONLY one of the day! (but I willl pour less just for you -seeing as you are an invalid at the moment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I totally dropped the ball last week and the challenge pretty much got forgotten. This week will be a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why haven't I visited your blog before? Great challenges but I am challenged by my own 'owie'. Hopefully by Tues it will be much improved...

    ReplyDelete