Mia Sutherland

Hi! Welcome to my blog. My goal is to provide readers with extremely interesting and unique insights, tools, hints and stories in the hopes of inspiring, motivating and guiding fitness enthusiasts alike.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Blog Challenge #3

And.....?  How did you make out?  I'm waiting patiently to hear.

Okay, here is a doozy for the week coming up.  I still want you to watch your portions every day, especially at supper, and I still want you to eat breakie every day (I almost always have a bowl of oatmeal with about a 1/2 cup of yogurt mixed into it and then top it with berries, or fruit compote or granola) but now I also want you to do 40 squats every day this week!

Whaaaaaatttt!  Okay, let's break it down - how about 10 when you are doing dishes, 10 when you are watching the news, 10 before you go to bed and 10 before you leave for work.  Piece of cake.

Did you know the most important muscle in the lower body for function is the butt (glutes)?  Did you know the best way to create a strong, firm bikini butt is by doing squats and lunges?  You'll be bikini ready in no time.  Remember to post your blog!

If you are trying to comment and it won't post - you have to go to the top of the page and sign in with a gmail or hotmail address.  It takes a couple minutes the first time but then it is quick after that.

6 comments:

  1. I am excited to start this challenge! I just found this blog today so I will continue from here on out. I had a baby 5 months ago and need to lose the rest of the baby weight and then some ;)

    I like how you asked everyone to start their goals in December instead of January and I had started mine the week of Christmas. This was the best idea as it helped me watch my portion control and sweets intake over the holidays.

    I'm crazy but I love the squats challenge...even though they can cause some serious pain, squats are one of my favourite exercises!

    Thanks for setting this 52 week challenge up. I wanted to participate in the transformation project but the funds were just not there this time around so I am glad to be part of this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocked out the squats this week and I will be continuing with them each day; I'm up to 50 per day now. I love the way my legs feel afterwards!
    Ready for the next challenge... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to miss class but we ran today to ease the guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have to wear a burka Bert?

    You guys missed one heck of a week with the blasters. I think I'll have to re-visit those workouts upon your return!

    Feed a camel for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same boat as Mama'Lucas, and will too continue on with doing squats everyday if I can. I used to do squats, but was doing too many at one time-and I paid for that, believe me. But I found that if I did ten squats as was thew challenge said, it wasn't too bad and my legs or knees didn't have the painful after affects!

    ReplyDelete